Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sweet Stamps Poinsettia

SweetStamps is now carrying cutting dies and embossing plates from Dies Direct.  These dies are heavy metal dies and unlike other companies which are made in China, these are made in the USA.  For this card, I have used my new E129 Poinsettia embossing plate, it will emboss an area that is 5-7/8 x 7-3/4 inches.  So you could make a background for a 6" square card with no seams.  Incredible! 



I began by rubbing Shades™ Duchess Rose ink all over the die.  Because it is metal, you don't have to worry about the ink getting in the recessed areas as the die does not bend like plastic ones.  Then using a piece of Stardreams Opal text weight paper, I embossed it using my Cuttlebug.  There are two great things about using text weight paper for embossing; one, you get a really detailed embossing, two, it keeps the weight of the card down.  And the really fun thing about Stardreams is the shimmer to the paper, it is iridescent.  Next, I stamped Sweet Stamps Poinsettia large and Merry Christmas large with Memento Tuxedo black ink onto Stardreams Opal card stock.  Copics used:
     Petals - R81, R83, R85
     Leaves - G21, G28
     Berries - YR15
I cut out the poinsettia and popped it up above the sentiment.  Finished size is 5.5" square.

No comments: