Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Christmas Tree Ornament


I love it when July rolls around because that means I can make Christmas projects again!  Today I am using my Globecraft Memories Christmas Tree Ornament set.  You get a center ring to which the tree is attached, 2 globes and 2 more rings to place over the globes.  I chose to make my ornament two sided rather than creating a background with my second globe.  I began by coloring the large ring with Carmine Red 3D Stamp Paint, on both sides.  Then I heat embossed the tree using Piccolo Mossy Glen Embossing Powder.  Once the first side was cool, I applied embossing powder to the other side, used tweezers to hold the ornament in the air while I heated the powder.  That way the reverse side did not get messed up.  The heat can go through the chipboard and soften the other side, so let it cool before setting it back down.  I then used the same process on the bottom of the tree using Piccolo Ultra Thick White.  I left it chunky so it looks like snow.  I added some Gold 3D Stamp Paint to the star on top of the tree and some gems as decorations.


For the two outer rings, I used Piccolo Vintage Gold.  I love the texture of the enamel, it is so old world gold.  I applied a light coat of Ultimate Glue to one of the globes and then set it down on the red ring.  I used one of the gold rings to press it down and make sure it was straight.  I then applied glue to the gold ring and set that down over the globe.  I used some clamps to help it set up.  Then I repeated the process on the other side.  The last step was to add some Medium Holly and Berries.  I heat embossed the Holly with Mossy Glen and used gems as my berries. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope I have inspired you to create!

2 comments:

Stacey Richardson, SweetStamps.com said...

Gorgeous ornament!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful ornament, I love the way the red and gold look on the frame and the white enamel for the snow.