Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Christmas tag challenge with Shelly

Hi!  I had some Distress Ink fun with my tag!

- I dabbed the ink onto a Non-stick Craft mat, spritzed with water and dragged the tag through it. I started with the lightest color and worked up to the darker blue- dabbing less ink on for the darker colors.  I dried each color before using the next shade. (I used Salty Ocean, Broken China and Faded Jeans).
- Next, I added light modeling paste through the Memory Box 'Brilliant' stencil. Once dry, I sponged Faded Jeans ink lightly over the top of it.
-Next I added the SweetCuts dies- the deer was cut from Coordinations cardstock, the leaves from a SU Green.
- For the snowflake accents- I used Turquoise Lagoon enamel embossing powder and silver rhinestones.
- The seam binding is dyed to match the blues by dabbing ink onto the craft mat and spritzing with water.  I did a little 'direct to seam binding' to get some variation of color, spritzing with water after dabbing on the ink.

***Tip- for added texture and depth- I dabbed the enamel embossing adhesive around the edge of the tag and sentiment, and embossed the edges with Turquoise Lagoon enamel EP.

Thanks for stopping by today- we'd love to see your Christmas tag for the challenge!

Shelly

3 comments:

Toni said...

I. Love. This. Great background and with the deer looking up--superb!

ScrappySandie said...

Beautiful! Elegant, wintery feel! Great job with the Distress inks.

Donna K said...

Love your distressing, Shelly! That tiny bow is just too darling!!