Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Stencil in the Kitchen

Morning Sweeties, Nazeema here. 
I hope that you all had amazing Christmas with all your loved ones yesterday.
We still have a few more families to visit during the holidays, but I've enjoyed every moment of it.

We never show up empty handed to our visits, so I have a little baking machine this year. 
I even attempted to make my first Tiramisu cake!   The attempt was not difficult, it was the waiting to taste it that was. I wanted to let it chill for 8 hours or overnight!!  
So I once I completed assembling the cake, the top looks rather bland and I could have just sprinkled cocoa powder, but I wanted it to look pretty!!
I went into my craft room and located my envelopes of SweetStamps Stencils. 
I wanted to use a Star stencil, but I could not find it!!  Happens everytime!  :) 
I laid the SweetStamps Encircled Diamonds on top of the Tiramisu and sprinkled the cocoa powder, using a shifter over top of the stencil.
I did get a little heavy handed on a few spots, but overall the Tiramisu looked AMAZING. 
So make sure to remember all your craft tools when in the kitchen baking.
AND I am happy to report that it was also VERY DELICIOUS!!!  :) 

Before I log off, wanted to you remind you that we still have 2 open challenges going on:


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! 

3 comments:

Gail said...

Well aren't you the clever one using a stencil from the craft room for you cake topping - you did a great job on that cake top and it would be wonderful to have a sample taste - thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2016

Sandy Fredrick said...

What a unique idea for using the stencil. Awesome idea for decorating, makes a plain cake look fancy.

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

OMG, that is such a cool idea! Now you can craft your cake & eat it too!